Consider starting a business cleaning foreclosed houses. It may not be a pleasant job, but in the harsh reality of life today, it is a much-needed service which somebody has to fulfill
The number of foreclosed homes is rising rapidly each month. Every day houses are being foreclosed on and often the former owners are leaving them still filled with trash and abandoned property.
This causes a problem for the banks and real estate agents that have bought the properties but don’t want to go through the hassle of cleaning them up.
By starting a business providing these services, it is possible to make money cleaning foreclosed houses.
Benefits of Starting a Business Cleaning Foreclosed Houses
The benefits of starting a business cleaning foreclosed houses goes almost hand in hand with the economic situation. There are always more homes being foreclosed upon so there is always more work to be had, providing a steady stream of potential income.
Whilst it likely true that you do not need any real training or specialized education to start this type of business you do need to be mindful of the laws around foreclosed houses so it would be a good idea to at least do your homework and seek advice.
However, the basic requirement is the ability and means to be able to clear the junk out of a house and clean.
Here are some other benefits of starting a business cleaning foreclosed houses:
- Offering additional services such as lawn recovery, maintenance work, or renovations only increases your appeal to customers.
- With this type of business, you will potentially have as much work as you can handle, meaning you can work at your own pace and accept more as your schedule permits. The more business you make room for, the more revenue on the side you’ll make.
- Because the property abandoned in the home is then converted over to the new owner’s ownership, they will often allow clean-up crews to keep or recycle items of use that are found.
- You can easily accept just enough work to fill your weekends, making it possible to use cleaning foreclosed homes a secondary occupation.
- Though not always the most pleasant of activities, these jobs can be seen as an adventure.
Most businesses require some start-up expenditures to get going. Though these cut into your early profits, they are necessary to get your business going and the revenue building.
The main purpose of this business is to clean up houses so you will need an ample supply of house cleaning materials. This includes everything you would use to clean your own home but multiplied. You should also invest in latex gloves and disposable surgical masks to protect yourself from anything unsavory you may discover.